Luftwaffel
Boost Creep

Drives: 2016 HyperBlue BRZ
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdm View Post
What really pisses me off that they are targeting people who on a limited access carefully designed highways drive at a speed which would get you rear-ended on a European motorway.

At the same time they don't allow speed cameras. OK, I know that no driver likes speed cameras, and too often they are used mostly for profit. But they are one of very few devices that can actually make people slow down in an effective way.

What is a bigger treat to safety, someone going 83 in 65 in I-95 express lanes, or and idiot from doing 43 on a 25-mph neighborhood street, with pedestrians, joggers, bicycles, kids, people backing from their driveways.
Yeah it's pretty absurd. Especially when you get down between DC and Richmond and there's open road for miles and nearly nobody on it at times. Speaking of DC, they actually do have speed cameras all over the place. There's a really sneaky one they have that really pisses me off, which is on a section of an interstate that somehow turns into a DC highway, slows down and has a speed camera on it, then speeds up and turns back into an interstate.

Our highway system needs some work.
Luftwaffel is offline   Reply With Quote