ermax

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited Silver
Thanked 2,045 Times in 1,188 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ymshulman View Post
Things I'm still not sure about that could swing me:
- Issues with signing in to Google accounts? Have heard that there have been issues where people's contacts were all deleted- and it's important to me to have my contacts' addresses, and my Google Calendar appointments, synced to the headunit. (Would welcome input from anyone here!)
- Can the Teyes unit record from the rear-view camera a) automatically, and b) even when CarPlay is running? [Update for anyone visiting this later: Teyes engineer told me yes. This is actually super, super cool - get a dashcam from the backup camera!
First off, the CC3 does NOT cover the vents or the hazard/clock. I think you got the scale wrong on your cardboard cutout. I'm 6.2 so I'm sort of above the HU looking down and at that angle it does block about half of the clock but if I hunch just a tad I see the whole clock. I wouldn't be bothered if it did cover the clock because my clock gains 1min every 10mins so it's useless to me anyways.

Next, the Google account bug is common with all the FYU based headunits but as far as I know it's fully resolved on the latest firmware. I don't utilize this functionality so I can't confirm.

I'm about 99.9% confident you can record the front and rear cams. I don't have a front cam but I can test the rear cam later. I just need to throw an SD card in mine to test.

ermax is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ermax For This Useful Post:
ymshulman (08-02-2021)