Old 01-10-2021, 06:28 AM   #23
JD001

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Thanked 6,188 Times in 3,475 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Snooze View Post
I spent 6 months in Western Europe. I had to leave the EU at the end of 3 months to regain my "can stay for 3 months" status. Doesn't work like that any more. I started with a 206 Pug Diesel, 67KW, 200nm, had to be careful of inside wheel spin in 3rd on damp roads. When that one got stolen in Amsterdam it was replaced with a 306. After that one got accidentally torched in Oporto Peugeot Leasing offered me a 3rd car but I said no thanks. It was a family dispute, some guy torched the family car and my lease car was collateral. It was kind of funny, sort of, walking down the street and seeing a burnt out shell of a car and thinking , wow that's different, don't see that every day, then coming to the slow realisation that it was my car behind that also wasn't looking so good.

It was that first Pug that made me get a 206 GTI.

Attachment 196396

Attachment 196397
Not much luck with rentals.. I ran a 205 GTi 1.9, it was slightly tweaked for track use. Great little car, but not really built to last. My wife used it as DD, lots attention from car geeks as it was immaculate, silver without the ugly sunroof. She loved the car but didn't understand the attention that it got.
JD001 is offline   Reply With Quote