Old 02-28-2019, 08:14 AM   #10
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86MLR View Post
As long as it's not a EJ25, the EJ25 in my 2015 STI was really pretty poor, a boosted up, unopened FA20T is a way more reliable powerplant.

If they do stay with the boxer I hope they just do a FA20T.

That would require a new drivetrain though.

I would still be happy to pay $45-50k AUD.

As long as it stays RWD and has a manual option, I'll drop it like a hot potato if they go AWD and/or auto.
My prediction is that you will never, ever, ever see an AWD or FI Twin. They will squeeze another 15 or 20HP out of one NA engine or another but that is as far as they will take it. They have officially (through Tada) said it will remain FA many times over the last 5 years. Any "second gen" will either be so close to the current one that people will complain or it will be a bloated pig that hardly resembles what we have now and... People will complain.
They said they were going to build an inexpensive, lightweight, low COG, NA, entry level, coupe and that is exactly what they designed, built and marketed. If people were expecting or wanting a two door WRX that is on them not Toyota/Subaru. Start pumping it up into Supra price ranges and the entry level aspect will be lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
no. I'll keep mine, but I don't see me buying another one unless it is the only interesting thing out there and mine gets totalled.

There are just too many cars to try to buy the same thing again.

Yep! I love to get new cars and should have replaced the FRS this year but intend to hang onto it a couple more years at least. When it is time to change I will look at what is out there and decide then. I am very interested in seeing what they do with the WRX/STi on the new platform. I am also waiting for Genesis to get off their ass and release the coupe since it may be interesting as well.
If mine was totaled today and I had to replace it then it would be either a BRZ in one of the special editions or a TRD 86. It would all depend on what I could find that was still new. If I could not find anything special then a blue BRZ Limited would be my last choice.
86geek (02-28-2019), bkharmony (02-28-2019), Dadhawk (02-28-2019), FLYFISHR (02-28-2019), gravitylover (02-28-2019), jrb363 (02-28-2019), new2subaru (02-28-2019), soundman98 (02-28-2019), weederr33 (03-02-2019), why? (02-28-2019)