View Single Post
Old 04-16-2014, 10:43 AM   #13
gily25

Drives: Silica BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Funny I read almost the exact same sentiment while looking for info on the new Miata.

OP has made a great point...for everyday thrills, lightweight zippy cars are king (hence happy kids driving modded Civics); not bloated fuel sucking hulking cars that will be lucky to ever see the potential of their 500+ HP. Think soap box derby cars (do kids still do that anymore??) the ones everyone gets excited about have curvature, and steering, while the big boxy boring one that rolls fast and hits the finish line first SHOULD be the one everyone cares about, but yet the steering wheel is just for looks. True enthusiasts appreciate every car they've ever owned and hope to own. The people that come on here to bash their own car, aren't enthusiasts. I may wish the BRZ had a few more HP (via an oem tune/turbo preferably) but it doesn't make me think this car is any less "fancy" and the perfection of its balance is impossible to shake in a corner. I chose it to nudge me toward a Porsche and I look forward to all the subtle comparisons I'm going to make someday when I finally buy one.
gily25 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gily25 For This Useful Post:
FRSupra (04-16-2014), Silver Ignition (04-17-2014)