View Single Post
Old 03-07-2020, 06:34 PM   #5
BlueWhelan

Drives: 2013 Blue Subaru BRZ. 6 Spd manual
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I just drove a ts today...its not a huge difference from my PP equipped MY'13. The biggest OEM difference is the tires, which have WAY more grip then the tires that come on a Performance Pack car. The ts suspension is tuned for this elevated grip level, but the ride is noticeably firmer. Didn't drive the ts in anger (dealer test drive), but my modest driving impressions told me that if you put a decent amount of camber in the front it would be absolutely stellar. Thing is, that's the same issue with the PP, which is pretty good in it's own right.

What I did notice immediately was the steering feels better....less delay from your inputs and better feel overall. However, I'm pretty certain most of that comes from the vastly superior Michelin Sport 4S tires. Put those on a PP and you are 86 (heh) percent of the way there.

Drive train is identical. Interior is subjective, though I do like it more.

Personally, unless you are dead set on not getting aftermarket suspension at some point and want to keep it OEM, I would save your money and get a Performance Pack car. The dealer I was just at wanted over $33K for their ts. IMO, anything over $30k for any 86 is loony tunes. Especially considering its no longer available in a color I'd want (World Rally Blue).

Last edited by BlueWhelan; 07-15-2020 at 10:50 PM.
BlueWhelan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BlueWhelan For This Useful Post:
juenedgi (03-10-2020)