View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 11:43 PM   #76
rcowboy

Drives: 2017 BRZ Sport-Tech
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by synchromesh View Post
I am too young to actually be able to described what happened as an adult but I will postulate on answering the OP's question. Although, I may be ridiculed for my theory. In fact, I've never even talked to anyone about it regarding this subject matter.

In the 80's, some Korean and American businessmen got together and thought it might be a good idea to expand globally. What happened was both sides were so culturally far from each other that the only thing they had in common was the church and some sort of missionary, goal. So one thing led to another, and expansion started, while coincidentally, the Japanese were getting taxed and tariffed on a lot of their export products. Not a shxt-load but significant enough. Maybe the Japanese at the time weren't compliant with some Christian ordination.

So(rry) for the rant.

I spoke with a pretty knowledgeable Korean guy(but bad English) who I met at a local church at a dinner party hosted by a Korean gypsy. I mentioned to him that a lot of South-Korean men considered Baby-Boomers, have made a fortune in the last couple decades likely due to the automobile industry. I didn't mention about the 1.2-1.3 fertility rate in South Korea because some people are too dumb and they would take it literally.

In 2009, a SsangYong Motor Company factory, symbolically had a 77 day standoff.

The Book of Genesis isn't the prettiest story but conflicts still continue to this day in the Far East.

That is quite the standoff.

Looks like some people really, really want to work long honest hours. Others not so much.

In 2008, I was listening to the radio and during the commercial break, a dealership slogan was that if you lose your job you can return your brand new vehicle back. That was when Tom Brady hurt himself real bad iicrc.
Attached Images

rcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote