View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 03:15 PM   #29
Zentec

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
There are a lot of factors going on here. Clay bars are a good way to remove imbedded particals from the surface and light imperfections that are in your wax or surface. The reason I say lots of factors is it depends on what you have done and what products you have used and if you used them correctly. You don’t want to end up like humfrz on a beach covered from head to toe in 150spf white sunblock with a straw hat on in a speedo. Here is the proper process for a brand new car off the lot. Take it home handwash using good car wash not dawn or lava. Dry your car I recommend using absorber shammy like product because it dose not scratch towels will. Then wipe down with detailer and micro fiber cloth do not get ones made in China or Taiwan as the way they loop the threads causes scratches. Clay bar the car using a kit work in small sections at a time. Now you can use a paint sealer then final stage is waxing.

Ultra in your case you have to use a better car wash soap. Also if you don’t apply wax properly and the type of wax used will differ immensely. You are at the humfrz at the beach stage. So to fix it will require a lot of time and work if you do it yourself it will take some $$ if you pay someone. But what you have to do is the following.
Wash the car, using the micro mit mentioned above (this is what they are really for) and paint prep spray and some water scrub the whole car down, this will remove all those layers of wax and get you back to clear coat. Clay bar your car. Next is when you would use compound and machine to get swirls out, then you would use a machine and car polish. Then I would suggest a using a polywax product that seals your paint and provieds protection and wax all in one. Then wait a couple weeks then I would wash inspect the wax then I would use a really good carnuba wax product and just wax it once every couple months as needed. In between washes I would use a detailer and wipe down the car. Dust and dirt scratches your wax and over time your paint hence swirls don’t use drive through car washes use only hand wash ones.

I do this process 2x a year once before winter and once in spring and maintain the wax through out the year. The reason is I live in the desert and uv and dust will degrade the wax and protection. My dad lives back in Ohio he dose it once a year in spring time and maintaines with wax but he has to deal with snow and salt.
Zentec is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zentec For This Useful Post:
BigHugeFatGuy (02-27-2018), monkeybike (03-01-2018), Ultramaroon (02-24-2018)