Old 01-13-2022, 08:03 PM   #709
Irace86.2.0

Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Thanked 5,804 Times in 3,299 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactus View Post
I recently pumped my tank using the fuel pump. (Needed to get an almost full tank of E85 out to run 91). I think there are two level senders and if one is high and the other is low the gauge reads oddly. Mine basically never read <2/3 tank, but I couldn't pump anything else out of it (pump was audibly cavitating). I ended up putting ~11gal of 91 into the tank and it was just before full.
The transfer siphon only works if there is return flow running through it and that only happens if you have return fuel from the FPR. Since you have no pressure on the line to a fuel jug, you end up pumping out only one side of the tank and the siphon never pumps fuel from the other side. I had to hook up the lines normally multiple times and run the pump for while to get fuel pumped from the other side of the tank. The solution for left hand turn fuel starve is adding an electric pump to make sure fuel gets transferred to where the pressure pump is.
So essentially you are saying these are separate issues? I wonder if I had simply bent the hose to create pressure, I wonder if that would have created enough of an effect to siphon the passenger side? Perhaps not if the fuel level was empty on the pump side.

Has anyone tried to run the tank dry and see if they can fill up all the way, 12+ gallons?