View Single Post
Old 07-11-2022, 05:34 PM   #122
redlined600

Drives: Fr-s
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
It’s been a minute so I’ll break this into multiple posts
First, this spring it was maintenance time. From the previous post I had some axles to rebuild, 3 since I bought a spare. Of course nothing comes easy and while the passenger side popped right out the drivers side required substantially more work. I ended up puling the whole upright assembly to pound the axle out. Rebuilding the axles wasn’t hard but sure is messy. I added vents in the inboard CVs even though I’m not 100% convinced this is the correct course of action. I also need to fab up a heat deflector as I’m pretty sure the exhaust is cooking the grease in the CV.

While I was in there I found the Heim joints from the SPL arms where worn and needed replacing. Per my luck they initially sent me the incorrect joints but got me sorted quickly.

Additionally the rear swaybar links were bad as well so I replaced those as well.
I found someone local selling a Perrin front swaybar so I thought I’d give it a go.

And finally new front brake rotors (more on this in a min.), a fresh alignment, oil and brake fluid and I was feeling pretty good going into the season.