View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 02:03 PM   #3
churchx

Drives: 2014 GT86
Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,436 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Problem i see, that even such proper diagnosing what is wrong and what worth fixing, also needs consistency and experience from driver.
I know for one, that my lacking skills and imprecise "butt dyno" are inadequate to find problems at fine enough scale even to well report problems to others, so instead i rather choose route of finding generic "ballpark" setup/mods/choices/settings that are reported to work "good-enough" for many, and then just keep driving, more to accustomize myself to that one "generic" setup, instead of trying out miscellaneous different changes, possibly misreporting issues, misdialing setup in wrong direction, as for me changes evaluated by far by non-objective placebo feel or by luck/chance varying amount of mistakes in inconsistent driving, that sum up to change of way more then some moderate car setup change would bring. I can evaluate "big" changes, eg. in stock vs performance oriented alignment camber/toe wise, but subtle changes? Or changes in adjusting shock rebound/bump? Only in big enough lumps . And by then it's better to find reasonable starting setting suggestions for specific uses by vendor / other twin owners and stick with those, working more with improving nut behind steering wheel
churchx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to churchx For This Useful Post:
Captain Snooze (10-18-2019), finch1750 (12-24-2019), korhun (12-26-2019)