View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 12:16 AM   #11
Jayde

Drives: 2013 Satin White Pearl BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper4mance View Post
+1 for x-ice3's. Driving home today from work in the snow wasnt a problem at all. Everyone was driving ass slow on the highway, so I just kept a safe distance behind the vehicle in front just in case they couldn't stop. 90 degree turns at a stoplight on an incline weren't an issue at all. Even did some swerving back and forth just at ~30 mph to get a feel for them in the snow and very little slipping.

When I got back home there is a small parking lot (no snow accumulation but wet) where I turned tcs off, just did a quick whap on the throttle coming out of a turn and it caught surprisingly very quick.

As others have mentioned above, summer tires should not be driven in the winter. I would highly recommend a dedicated set for summer/winter especially since this is a rwd car. Question really comes down to do you have room to store an extra set and is budget an issue?

Couldn't agree more. If you're going to driving in the winter, you need a dedicated winter tire setup. The summer tires will not cut it. Barely had traction over 25 on a slightly snow covered road. Now that the tires are on, going 50mph in slush felt like it was rain on the road.