View Single Post
Old 08-04-2022, 03:28 PM   #14
Chezboat24
Click Here

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Just finished getting it installed. Had to be worked into place because one of the flanges are off about half an inch but I was able to get it to work. I damaged the OEM header to overpipe gasket during the uninstall so I used the one with the kit as a temporary measure. No surprise that it's leaking but it is a bit loose still. I'll see if I can find just that gasket and get it swapped out soon. Given how difficult it was to force the header into place, however, I don't know if it's ever coming off lol.

As far as the actual bolt assembly is (my main concern if you scroll up a bit), the studs are actually part of the factory header assembly, so use of different hardware is required. However, the hardware with the kit seems to be fine, so I'm not sure what the problem was supposed to be.

Overall, I updated to stage 2 on my OFT and the car feels great. I definitely feel more grunt in the mid range. Slight leak that is audible but I'm overall happy with it. It's ever so slightly louder than stock so I can confidently recommend it to anyone that doesn't have emissions testing in their state and want a slight choppier exhaust note.
Chezboat24 is offline   Reply With Quote