View Single Post
Old 07-07-2020, 02:21 PM   #9
norcalpb

Drives: 2013 BRZ, 2023 Model 3
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustymuffler View Post
I don’t actually get any noise with the clutch fully pressed in, or fully out for that matter. The noise is the squeak while the clutch pedal is in motion. That and there’s a significant resistance pressing the pedal, and also a bit less noticeably so while releasing that corresponds with the squeak. I think maybe the snout got scored from the original bearing and the grease has worn off, because I did not replace that part the first time the transmission was dropped.

When you did the clutch did you also replace the flywheel? Would you say the Exedy clutch introduces a bit more vibration than the stock OEM clutch?
Even though my bearing failed after I took off from a stop sign, the snout wasn't damaged and I'm still using the original one. It can't hurt to replace it though as I know other users clearly needed to replace theirs.

When I first did the clutch I actually had the flywheel resurfaced. It cost me $80 to resurface when an exedy replacement flywheel was like $120, so I did that for my second replacement.

And yes I did notice the Exedy clutch having more vibration than the OEM clutch. I've recently learned it's really not the same quality as OEM, and I'll for sure be doing an OEM next time thanks to your thread haha.
norcalpb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to norcalpb For This Useful Post:
rustymuffler (07-16-2020)