View Single Post
Old 05-10-2022, 02:00 PM   #96
rawpoly

Drives: 22 WRB BRZ M6
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Re_Invention View Post
As a rule of thumb; assume any modification to the safety system is going to be less safe. The airbag is gonna be several inches closer to your face and have the same discharge energy. Probably gonna break a nose, likely a few more bones, worst case it'll kill ya.

Good to ask though. Get data, think about it, get data more data, think about it some more then decide your own risk level comfort.

And the same goes for most changes to a car for that matter. Anything can deviate from the 'design as intended' line of thinking and have serious consequences in the event of an accident.

Why would/do I do it? Same reason I ride motorcycles and the same reason I do not do high performance driving events on big tracks anymore; acceptance/comfort with specific risk profiles. My completely biased and unaccredited thoughts on the spacer: I think I'd sit a similar distance to the airbag with/without the spacer (it's purpose is to slide the seat back for more knee room), so I don't see it creating a significantly different circumstance in the event of a crash.
Wouldn't it be the same as if I have the bodytype in which my face is closer to the wheel?
rawpoly is offline   Reply With Quote