View Single Post
Old 01-19-2022, 10:30 AM   #48
PBR

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited 6 speed manual
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLF69 View Post
I can so much relate to this having owned an M2 for 3 years. The M2 is much more compromised car than ppl think. The reason everyone is raving about it is because its the most engaging car in the BMW line up but its still a souped up normal two door coupe based on a chassis dating from 2012. The new Gen (G series) will be a big step up but its also heavier so don't expect any lightweight feel even tough the G series hides its weight in an incredibly effecient way, as showned by the raving G80/82 M3/4 reviews.

I could of also baught a cayman/boxster but my reasonning was that for more than double the price will I have double the fun ? As for the engine I am eager to compare it to my past 2010 MX5 wich I loved driving with 167hp and around 2500lbs weight.
I think you'll get a lot more status but is there anything really more fun on the road than an MX5? I'd even argue they're more fun than Elises because they're more playful. And a well set up NC can even be quicker than an Elise around a short course. Needed a back seat, like tin tops for rigidity but man I would be so OK with an MX5. Where I wouldn't be with a Cayman/Boxster, M2, New Z or the New 3850 lbs M240i. Crazy world haha
PBR is offline   Reply With Quote