View Single Post
Old 01-16-2022, 08:46 PM   #40
PLF69

Drives: 2020 M340i, 2022 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost View Post
Based on what I know, Toyota is marking up because... they're Toyota and they are doing the heavy lifting with the marketing for this car. Subaru has done very little.

Toyota also claims they are doing more value add in the ownership phase to kick off the Gazoo Racing brand with track experiences and such.

That's what the company line is anyways.

For someone who already tracks or engages in motorsport, I don't need anyone profiting off costs that I was going to bear directly anyways. So it made no sense for me to go with Toyota even though I wanted to. The markup is over $3,500 which pays for a lot of seat time, wheels, tires, etc.

Yeah, I don't care whose badge is on it.
I totally agree with this, I was dead set on buying a GR86 because I like the looks more and I even gave a deposit to secure a car.

By a happy chance I stumbled on the price and financial conditions of Subaru and it made way more sense. The difference was significant enough to have me just accept that I will have the Subaru's looks wich is very fine.

To me the BRZ is a second fun car to track and use a bit when I feel like, the lower the cost the better. 36mths/48k km lease at 475$/month taxes included seems pretty good to me for a brand new fun car.

36mths goes fast, I will see if I pick another one or upgrade afterwards.
PLF69 is offline   Reply With Quote