View Single Post
Old 10-18-2021, 02:20 AM   #17
Sam86

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang View Post
You're on the right track mate, don't stress.

If your command AFR is 12.6 and your actual AFR is 12 then you are running rich-think you understand this.

You probably had too much fuel on the +4% making it run to rich giving you the starting problem.

The only way to perfectly dial it in is via MAF scaling. That is not too difficult if you want to try. Lots of logging though...

Just remember E85 is a bit harder to cold start tomorrow morning-that is normal.
The part that's confusing me is am I meant to be going off strictly my AFR and my Command AFR to know whether i'm running rich/lean, or am I meant to be comparing it to Wayne's MAF scale variations?

Did another log on the way home from work, the AFR looks a little better, in some cases i'm getting 12.2-12.3 AFR and 12.5 command AFR at WOT, 6500 RPMs. But it still fluctuates a lot. Not really sure if its getting better or worse.

Going off feeling I can't really tell if the car feels better or worse. Sort of feels like my 1st and 2nd gear acceleration is a bit slower but my 3rd gear pulls harder than before. Exhaust sound doesn't seem any different, no pops or burbles that i'd expect if I was running rich. If anything it might even be quieter than the default, leaner tune

Here's a log
https://datazap.me/u/sam86/rich-log2....93&tmax=96.76
Sam86 is offline   Reply With Quote