Boomerang

Drives: 2015 Toyota GT86 MT UEL E85 RSR CWP
Thanked 4,850 Times in 2,166 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam86 View Post
Thanks,
Yea I don’t know enough about logging to really understand those things where you’re talking about comparing the command afr to the afr

My initial logs on the default tune said I was running extremely lean (12.6-12.9 afr) and the action to correct that is to tune +4% more fuel. I tune +4% more fuel and my car stops working.
I tune it down to just +2% more fuel than the default tune that was giving me 12.6-12.9 afr and now my logs are telling me I’m running very rich.

A whole 0.8 afr difference from just 2% more fuel, neither of those tunes giving me values that were close to the normal 12.1-12.3 range.

Will keep the 2% on as you said and see what it does, I’m just a bit paranoid after that start failure on the 4% of something similar happening again on the 2%. Have work early tomorrow, hopefully the car can successfully cold start and run

You're on the right track mate, don't stress.

If your command AFR is 12.6 and your actual AFR is 12 then you are running rich-think you understand this.

You probably had too much fuel on the +4% making it run to rich giving you the starting problem.

The only way to perfectly dial it in is via MAF scaling. That is not too difficult if you want to try. Lots of logging though...

Just remember E85 is a bit harder to cold start tomorrow morning-that is normal.
Boomerang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Boomerang For This Useful Post:
Sam86 (10-17-2021)