Old 04-05-2013, 12:49 PM   #117
cfusionpm

Drives: Firestorm 6MT Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbladex0 View Post
Guys i have the answer to everything, scion should become the cheap sports car division, PROBLEM SOLVED, FR-S WE GOT THAT, MR-S,SUPRA, AND CELICA? BAM there we go problem solve that is all scion needs and im sure everyone would stop pissing on scion. They can keep those funky cars like the xB or xD w.e they call those box cars and the iQ probably a good smart car competitor LOL!
The entire point of Scion was to bring the "hip cool young" market over to Toyota. Because no matter how good their cars used to be, no one today associates Toyota with "exciting" "fast" or "fun." Toyota as a brand stands for economy, reliability, and hybrid technology. Marketing 101 says it would be completely dumb for them to try and launch a sports car under that title and it makes absolute perfect sense to keep it under Scion. With the success of the FR-S, I only see more sports/fun type cars coming in through the Scion brand, in addition to quirky niche cars.

Again, it's all Toyota, so who really cares what badge is on the front?

Concept's been around for a while. Eagle Talon/Mitsubishi Eclipse. Same car. And that was back in 1990. I don't have much knowledge of cars before that, but I'm sure there are plenty of other "twin" cars.

2013 Firestorm 6MT Scion FR-S
cfusionpm is offline   Reply With Quote