View Single Post
Old 02-04-2023, 02:36 PM   #1
JohnGT86-Uk

Drives: 2017 GT 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Forged 2017 86 - Won't Idle When Direct Injectors Start Working!

Hello All

Recently finished my fully Forged build with a HKS Turbo

Having massive issues getting the thing to idle, I have got a base map from Adrian at Fensport over in the UK, he seems to be the go to with all types of FA20 Builds,

I work at Toyota and had a few people help me along the way, we sent the engine away to get built as when it comes to making sure all the correct measurements are made we were not very confident, fast foward 2 weeks we get the engine back in with the turbo kit and get my base map from fensport and the car doesn't want to stay idle.

We hooked up the computer to it to see what we could find, from cold the car starts up perfectly up until the crossover between port injection and direct injection, the second it says its using direct injection the car cuts out, the car used to run perfrct before so I really doubt that it would be a direct Injector.

Anyone had any issues like this or know what the problem could be? I know the direct injection seals had some issues before from reading on forums with the seals going bad but no one having issues with just starting up the car

Thanks for reading this

Thanms
JohnGT86-Uk is offline   Reply With Quote