View Single Post
Old 10-25-2019, 10:50 AM   #1271
ka-t_240

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichima View Post
So i would like to give everyone an update on my status of the recall. I went in early February for the initial recall service. Within 2 weeks of getting my car back the motor blew, spinning a rod bearing, and they also stated my intake and exhaust valves and rocker arms were shot along with it in the process. Took 2 more months after that for them to finally take blame. They rebuilt the bottom end of the motor by replacing the damaged parts. Car seemed to run fine for 1 month. The Boom. Spun another rod bearing and this time almost sent it through the block. This time they replace the entire shortblock. And today I will be bringing my car back because yet again. I have spun another rod bearing. This is the 3rd time now that I have spun a rod bearing since February. I've owned the car since April of 2012 and never had an issue. Mind you not every time I have brought the car in, another issue persist. First time, they told me my headgaskets were leaking and needed to be replaced. I agreed just so that they couldn't blame any future damage on me and had those replaced ($1000.00 out of pocket on my end). Second time when they rebuilt the motor OCV's are now faulty and it's on my dime ($200.00 out of my pocket). Third time i get the car back after new shortblock my ignition 2 and 4 now seem to be failing. ($300.00 out of my pocket). Mind you not, that car went in with no lights or mechanical issues.

If SOA is not involved at this point, they need to be. 4 engine failures in a year is clearly red flag as far as this dealership.
ka-t_240 is offline   Reply With Quote