View Single Post
Old 09-28-2019, 12:05 AM   #93
NaturallyAspirated

Drives: 2019 BRZ w/ PP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by extrashaky View Post
I suspect the next version will be pretty close to this version. It'll still be RWD, it'll still have a back seat and enough cargo space for a full set of tires, it will still handle like a go kart. My prediction is that it will remain NA with a modest bump in power to something like 215 or 220 HP. It might get some updated technology, like adjustable suspension modes. And they'll "update" the looks with a new body that conforms to the prevailing marketing design strategies of the two companies.

The people who buy the new car will be the same kind of people who bought the last one. That's not necessarily the same actual people going back for a second 86, since some of us will have moved on to other needs or interests. But the same type of people will be the target market, which will include new people looking for a similar driving experience. That all just means it really won't need to change that much.
To me, this is the most logical answer. If I were to bet what will be happening, it'll be this. I'd probably wager that with the modest power bump, they're going to make an attempt to address the torque as well. Otherwise, I agree -- RWD 2+2 with chassis & suspension tweaks/improvements.