View Single Post
Old 07-13-2018, 02:30 PM   #29
Joesurf79

Drives: 2016 White Pearl BRZ Premium
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitopo View Post
The dyno is what it is. A before and after measurement of a vendor's pulley kit installation. A 2-8whp increase depending the rpm range is not a huge difference. You might feel it a bit, but it will not change totally the car as I mentioned already. If your model cannot explain the result there are the following options:

1. Vendor doing the dyno is lying and favoring a bigger difference
2. Theoretical model is incorrect

You invited me here and I was polite to reply. What is the GTFO acronym? Please explain ...

Sorry - but the skeptic in me has to ask... About that pair of dyno plots that you posted. The plot on the left shows the Toda part resulting in almost 3x the torque of the std part at 3k rpm. Image is fuzzy, but it looks like Toda makes 11.5ish units to a few tenths above 4 units for the factory motor, right?

Keeping in mind that the factory bone stock motor is making roughly 135 ft/lbs at 3k rpm, I have to ask - Do You really believe the graph you posted? (hint: the pulley didn't triple the torque output at 3k rpm to 405 ft/lb).

There are more than just those two options, and it doesn't really matter which it is - that dyno plot simply makes no sense, the scaling is off, it's fake, who knows. But on this high strung 2.0L 4 cyl engine - That makes peak power at roughly 7K rpm, that graph is meaningless.
Joesurf79 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joesurf79 For This Useful Post:
Subsonic (07-13-2018), Tcoat (07-13-2018)