View Single Post
Old 10-05-2023, 01:41 PM   #11289
WNDSRFR

Drives: FR-S,GTI
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Tested my batteries and it looks like only one is really bad. This is how I tested them. I charged them individually on a variable voltage and current power supply set to max current and 14.5 volts. Charged them overnight. This wasn't really necessary because they should have been fully charged when I removed them from the car. Then I let them sit for a day and measured the voltage. The small ones were about 12.8 volts. One of the big one's was about 12.8 and the other one was about 12.3.
Then, I connected them one by one to my lawn tractor and tried to start it. The small batteries did very well. It cranked at full speed for about ten seconds then I rechecked the voltage. After sitting for a couple minutes they recovered to 12.8 volts. One of the big batteries worked similarly. But one of the big ones wouldn't crank the tractor at all. Definitely bad.

So it looks like just one bad battery will kill the whole system. I already ordered
all new batteries for only $120 so looks like I have a new UPS. Luckily I already have a 12V to 120V inverter. Ready for the next power outage.
WNDSRFR is offline   Reply With Quote