Old 02-20-2021, 09:54 AM   #25
FR-S2GT86
Master Collaborator

Drives: Was '15 FR-S, 6MT, Now '15 GT86
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmar View Post
Hi guys I did some more digging and I'm thinking about 2 different batteries leaking when I go on the track but not on the road.

I'm starting to consider the possibility of a faulty or failing "battery current sensor" the little sensor attached to your negative battery terminal.

Since the problem doesn't come out while the car is being monitored, maybe it overcharges for an instant and the ECU doesn't notice it happening? idk i'm just trying to rule out some possibilities since i'm not detecting any overcharging when I have the battery/alternator checker clamped onto the battery.

EDIT: I haven't gotten and tried another battery yet. I'm still in the process of cleaning and repainting the places where the battery leaked

So I have been watching this thread since you started it and reading through your previous posts and looking at the pictures, I see that you have the older style current sensor. The note in the picture notating the model year changes of the current sensor from 2016 to 2017 which is now a battery condition sensor, indicate that the charging system has been redesigned from three phase to single pole for efficiency purposes.

Is it at all possible that your alternator is the redesigned part from 2017 and newer? Did you purchase your car brand new or did you purchase it used? Could it be that the prior owner installed the newer-style alternator instead of the correct one for your model year, which could be causing the problems that you're experiencing with the batteries leaking?
Count to muffens and call again.
I’m 40. So....... say hi to your sisters or daughters.
FR-S2GT86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FR-S2GT86 For This Useful Post:
humfrz (02-20-2021)