Old 01-30-2021, 09:49 AM   #16
Abz 86

Drives: 2015 Toyota 86 GTS AT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RZNT4R View Post
https://demos.starbase7.net/t3Portal/

Navigate to 2015 Repair Manual > DRIVETRAIN > TX6A AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION / TRANSAXLE > AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION SYSTEM

You'll find the complete wiring diagram in > SYSTEM DIAGRAM, pinouts at > TERMINALS OF ECU (sorry, I said test at PCM, I meant test at TCM which is on the other side of the dash, I'm too used to cars that have transmission functions integrated in the PCM), and a complete troubleshooting workflow in the header dedicated to the trouble code you've got. The basic diagram in > P0707,P0708; Transmission Range Sensor "A" Circuit Low shows all the PNP does is take 12V from IG1 #1 relay and Backup Lamps fuse and patches it to one of 4 pins on the TCM depending on the position.

*** this brings up a good point! check your BKUP LT fuse ***

So with your DVOM set to voltage, you can backprobe each of those wires at the TCM to see if the PNP switch is sending voltage to the appropriate circuit in each position.
A little update, I decided to give the car to a different Toyota dealership and this is what the came up with.(attached JPEG) This is probably the fourth time I've been told it's the park/neutral safety switch. And have since got 2 second hand ones and neither have solved the problem. The rear light issue seems interesting. I am going to revert the reverse light back to stock and replace the fuse and see if anything changes
Abz 86 is offline   Reply With Quote