Old 12-01-2018, 09:52 PM   #6
carsebuco
How do I shift?

Drives: '13 GBS BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conman View Post
Curious why you think that? Too hot, no good jobs?
Too hot. Don't listen to "it's a dry heat" or "the winters make up for the summer." No, it's trash for 8-9 months out of the year, and while the winters ARE nice, they don't make up for anything.

Too much dust in the air, the rain doesn't actually "clean" your car (it makes it worse instead since it rains dirt). People drive like pure shit, everyone wants to run you off, gas prices and quality sucks, E55-60 only at selective places, too many rocks flying around hitting your car (got windshield replaced 2x in 2 years). Cars get skin cancer so damn fast over here, it's stupid.

Yes, Cali is a few hours away if you don't mind driving for those huge car events, but man it hasn't been worth it.

Also, I'm Brazilian and tan, so I can handle sun better than others. I have a condition that under low temperatures, my extremities get cold due to lack of blood flow, and so I can't handle cold very well. My joints lock up and I can't move my fingers. But even with these things, I'd rather live somewhere cold than have to be stuck here.

Not trying to scare you, just trying to be realistic. And yes, this place makes me bitter.