Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,325 Times in 7,383 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Official Formula 1 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen W. View Post
Nobody "ignored" anything! The drivers didn't see any warnings on their dash/steering wheels. They were told by their pits that it was green, good to go. They were looking at their exit points, the car to the right and the flag stand at start/finish, again on the right. The FIA FUCKED UP! That one, lone marshal was doing his duty.
Have you ever raced before? How about marshaling? When there is a slow moving vehicle on track past a flag post that sector's marshals should show a held yellow to indicate you're coming up on a situation. (This was not done) The marshal at the flag post in the sector of the slow moving vehicle should show a single waved yellow. (This was done) When there is a stopped vehicle in that marshal's sector he/she must show double waved yellows. They are removed when the chief marshal/clerk of the course or other ranking official tells the marshal to do so. Usually, in the case of a stopped vehicle, after all competitors have seen the vehicle and it then becomes part of the course.

FIA didn't ignore Merc's request. They (along with the race stewards from that race) reviewed all the telemetry and video (including in car) and said that they were sticking with their original decision. So, there was no need for yet another inquiry.
What is clear is that the FIA/stewards/etc. take more into consideration. Like: How much and what type of run off there is, did one party gain a greater advantage than the other etcetera, etcetera...

It's not like Hamilton hasn't done the very same thing to competitors and team mates alike in the past. Ask Nico!
What is known is that:
A/ the driver overtaking must be able to make the pass cleanly.
B/ the driver being overtaken must not move more than once to protect his position.
C/ drivers should leave room for passing and being passed. (Although, its not clear that said room has to be all track surface.)
D/ FIA/stewards have the final say

By the way, I'm not taking the piss with ya mate. It's just my wife LOVES Hamilton and HATES, HATES, HATES Max with a passion! F1 race weekends are tense in my house.

Raced? Cars no, just track days and TT. MotoX, yes. Flagged for local races too, though that is a whole different deal.

You can see the double waved yellows on Max’s onboard. It was on the straight, there wasn’t an exit point to look at. It is about 50 meters before Pierre’s car. That is the marshal’s on the spot call to make, and that is what was shown.

The stewards also admitted to never seeing Max’s onboard at Brazil before ruling out any investigation. Deny the right to review would have been a more appropriate phrase. I think we all deserve to know why the call was made that way for future precedent as I said.

I personally don’t dislike any driver except for Mazapin. I just get tired of the fanboys from both sides ignoring what is obvious.
Spuds (11-21-2021)