new2subaru
Weight Weenie

Drives: 15 FR-S
Thanked 2,330 Times in 1,346 Posts
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristor View Post
They're surprisingly quiet given how solid it is. You will definitely hear them if you go over a good bump / dip / pothole, but generally they are quiet when flexing. On the down side, though, you will definitely feel a reduction in ride quality due to losing the play that was in the factory bushings. It's hard to put into words, but the best way I can think to to visualize it is that it's about the equivalent additional harshness of going 2-3 clicks stiffer on my dampers.

The flip side of all that, is when you find some good asphalt the car feels basically perfect. It's like driving a go kart, steering response is immediately with no slop, changes in road angle or going into a curve feels like it sets immediately and weight transfer occurs more quickly. It really feels great.

It's also a bit difficult for me to judge NVH in isolation because I've done so many other things to the car which affect NVH.

Thank you for the information! I appreciate it. They sound perfect. I don't care much about ride comfort within the City. Most of the roads are crap anyways (Not complaining, most city roads are like that) I found it "rough" stock and the same on coilovers. However, I have some amazing County roads here that are very well maintained. I can see these components being a fantastic addition for these roads and track.
new2subaru is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to new2subaru For This Useful Post:
Tristor (11-05-2019)