View Single Post
Old 06-28-2021, 05:25 PM   #152
BoxerRumble

Drives: 2015 Blue BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltywetman View Post
The cusco ones will make things worse rather than better because it's stiffer which will increase the amount of resonance transferred into the cabin
Shoot, I just placed an order for 5 CUSCO exhaust hangers! I realize the Nvidia N1 itself causes a lot of drone and these hangers may not fix it (or by much). I don't want to get rid of the Nvidia because I just bought this car 15 days ago, and the reason I bought it was for all the mods (headers, OFT, coilovers, exhaust, CAI) at pretty much the same price of a non-modded car. So I don't want to start replacing mods, I'd rather use any money to by other/new mods. Plus, there is one bonus of at least some drone: my 2 teenagers may THINK they are going faster than they are, and not speed.

So to reduce drone, I will be taking a multi-faceted approach and try these hangers first, and if not try to get a J-Pipe custom made, and/or save up and buy a dual resonated FP or FP with Helmholtz - all that is on the table. Even stuffing the trunk by the spare tire with blankets or sound-muffling pads could be an option (as I saw in another post).

However, I have read and re-read this thread many times and I thought that the reason the cabin noise / drone was reduced for the original poster is because the stock FRS/BRZ has too much slop / play / movement in the hangers? The STI part number hangs them more securely (or so I thought), reducing vibration into the chassis? If so, then the CUSCO part which I think is polybronze should hold them even more firmly? I thought the person who posted them above said he had success with the CUSCO's, no ?
BoxerRumble is offline   Reply With Quote