NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,323 Times in 7,381 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irace86.2.0 View Post
You’re right that there would be a decrease in speed of the air, and it would create a low pressure zone behind the oil cooler, and you’re right that I didn’t include/consider that into my calculations. I’m thinking there are many factors like the thickness of the core and density of the core that would change the rate of air flow through the cooler. Still, I would like to see some real data and not just conjecture. If the delta isn’t great, if fresh air can get between the heat exchangers because of a high pressure area around a low pressure area, if the frontal area of the cooler isn’t significant enough in size to cause a change in IATs, if the circumstances that warrant concern are only in the most extreme applications, etc, then there may be no reason to justify divorcing all the exchangers.
I pretty much agree. I'd just have no way to corollate any data that I could gather to IAT's.