View Single Post
Old 07-31-2020, 12:18 PM   #96
Goingnowherefast

Drives: AP2 S2000, 91 Miata 1.8L Rotrex 5MT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSunrise View Post
Overall I still really enjoy driving his s2000, especially as his car gets closer to how I've setup my FRS. Both of us agree the powerband on the f22c still feels somewhat narrow at times compared with the e85 fa20. He's looking into a hondata tune to lower the vtec xover and raise the redline to try to get at least a 3000 rpm spread on the top end. After that, I think the next area to address will be his brakes. On my FRS, I'm going to see if I can get a set of low grip street tires to match his and even out the playing field a bit in the canyons. Should be fun!
Coming from an AP2 S2000 into an E85 BRZ this thread really interests me. First thing, the S2000's makes massive gains under the curve when lowering the VTEC engagement speed. Additionally, most people agree that you can set an AP2 to an 8,500 rpm redline safely, with no noticeable long-term degradation. Those two items alone make the difference between a stock AP2 and a tuned one as much as a change what E85 is to the GT86 platform. It'll be a whole new car.

To add to this, I believe my 2005 S2000 (intake, single exhaust, no tune, test pipe on 93 octane) would put a bus length on my BRZ (Tomei UEL, single exhaust, stage 2+, full E85) no problem.