View Single Post
Old 01-04-2021, 12:20 PM   #9
johnowow

Drives: 2015 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-S2GT86 View Post
The fuel pump and level sending unit are two parts of an assembly inside your fuel tank so I don’t think the fuel pump is causing your fuel level issue. My guess is that your sending unit was either damaged or the float arm was bent during the installation of the new pump.

First question I want to ask is: Did you or someone else install the aftermarket fuel pump. And just so you know, I have the same year car and same aftermarket fuel pump installed and did it myself, and noted that there was a discrepancy in the instructions that went with the new pump.

Second question I want to ask is: Did you end up stacking the O-rings that came with the new pump or did you use the OEM plastic spacer from your OEM pump along with one O-ring?

Last question, which involves the discrepancy that I mentioned above: Did you use the lubricant that came with the new pump to lube the pump O-ring(s)?
Hey brotha, I appreciate the insight! Will I fear I may have also bent the arm, I have ran across another owner on YT that had the same fuel level problem and his was due to a faulty seal from the O-Rings on his own DW65C, so when he replaced it with an OEM unit the problem went away and gauge rises and dropped as normal so it makes me believe the arm should (hopefully) be fine but I will inspect further.

And to answer your questions, yes I did install it myself and when I did, answers across the board at the time were very inconsistent with using a spacer or not so upon my own installation I believe I did use the lube but I ended up using a spacer and 2 O-Rings. Now after doing some research and reviewing with owners that have installed it as of recent months, I’ve found that a lot have been having success with just using the 3 supplied O-Rings! So once my pump comes in I’ll be going that route and will liberally use the lube and update further.

Thanks brotha
johnowow is offline   Reply With Quote