View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 09:26 PM   #34
go2brz

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited in DGM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TX - Killeen - Cleo Bay Subaru - Jon Locklin

Back in August, I started calling all the Subaru dealers within a 250 mile range of Dallas, becasue all the dealers in the DFW metroplex wanted 3-5K over list just to pre-order a car. I found this dealer and got a commitment to take an order for a car at MSRP. Then the local dealer where my other car is serviced changed their mind and offered me the same deal (the only one in DFW who was willing - Bob Moore Subaru) so I put my deposit down with the local dealer. Then a month later I got a call from Jon at Cleo Bay to tell me that the exact model and color of car that I had asked to pre-order was available from them immediately as the person who had put a deposit down in June backed out just a few days before they got word the car was on it's way. They could have tried to squeeze out as much profit as possible, but instead gave me a call even before the car arrived at their dealer to offer it to me at MSRP. I was shocked, but of course told him that he could consider the car sold as I had already secured financing. The car never even went on their website and they did not call anyone else to try and get the highest price. Actually someone else from the Austin area called the dealer and asked if they had any BRZ's coming, and instead of telling them yes they took their phone number, then called me and asked if I would give a totally refundable deposit for them to hold the car until the next Monday as I could not break a previous committment on that Saturday. I gladly gave them the 500.00 deposit and showed up on that Monday (late October) to pick up the car. Also they did not try to hold me up by trying to sell accessories to me, but rather just agreed that it would be best if I obtained them and had them installed by my local dealer. In the nasty world of car sales, you don't get much better honesty and straight dealing than that. And he even followed up a month later just to make sure I was happy with the sale, with no other motive. Great dealer! And my local dealer is also very honest and dependable.
go2brz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to go2brz For This Useful Post:
Deslock (01-30-2013)