View Single Post
Old 12-09-2021, 08:38 AM   #18
Kado

Drives: 2022 BRZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRitt View Post
We typically don't offer individual brake kit components separately for a variety reasons, as detailed in this blog post: Can I Buy AP Racing by Essex Brake Components Separately?

That said, this is a unique situation that could justify an exception, and we need to discuss it internally. Maybe we could set something up by which owners turn in their old Gen.1 brackets to us before we ship out the new ones, thus removing them from circulation?

What we can't have is a thousand sets of Essex-designed Gen.1 caliper brackets flooding into the classified section of these forums and eBay. People will be attaching all sorts of questionable calipers to them on Gen.1 cars and then calling us asking why their brakes won't work properly (yes, sounds ridiculous, but that's what literally happens). Someone will also figure out how to mate our brackets to an XYZ caliper on a Ford Fiesta, and then our service team will waste the next four years answering questions about what other parts they need to complete 'their kit'. We need to avoid that.

I can't promise anything other than we will do our best to come up with an equitable solution for our loyal customers. I'm confident we'll be able to figure something out. Thanks for the suggestion Kado!
Totally understand that. I'd happily turn in my Gen 1 bracket for a Gen 2 bracket. Love the work that you guys do.
Kado is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kado For This Useful Post:
JRitt (12-09-2021)