View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 11:43 PM   #26
RYU

Drives: really slow...
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSOmegaX View Post
As with what everyone has been saying, you won't feel any benefit unless you're pushing the car close to its limits, and even then it's subtle. Is part of the feeling a placebo? Possibly. But then this is just another means to an end in stiffening the overall car. If anything it eliminated an annoying rattle/buzzing that was occuring in the b pillar behind my seat.
DSO, I've had to readjust the door latch/striker before and it's not a fun process. I have not read the service manual and they may have better suggestions. Here's mine: Make sure you're on flat ground while doing this. Even though the BRZ/FRS chassis is plenty stiff any flex will throw off your adjustment. It's also best to do this with your window down. At this point.. i'm hoping you didn't loosen the hinge bolts since that's where the majority of the door adjustment is made. You can then start adjusting the striker so that it catches the middle of the door latch. It'll take some trial and error but you should be able to visually see it to align it right before the door shuts.

If doing this again, I usually use a sharpie to draw guide marks in a + pattern so I know generally how it goes back into place w/o too much hassle.

BTW.. The placebo affect IS a strong one. One time one of my buddies took my car out. He said he adjusted my damper settings and my air pressure. I got in the car next and my time dropped 1~ sec. I found out later he did nothing
RYU is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RYU For This Useful Post:
DSOmegaX (09-25-2012), Im_SPEED (09-24-2012), Tristor (03-01-2018)