Old 03-05-2020, 11:06 AM   #37
Atmo

Drives: TBA
Thanked 1,123 Times in 586 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
And I could return a car that lived it's life at the track to stock and sell it and the new owner wouldn't post a thread like this.

It's a 2017 with 11,500 miles. It doesn't matter if it was tracked or not really as long as the car is maintained. The same goes for a street car. So I agree to check service and see what's there.

And FWIW another sign of a track car would be LOTS of alignment entries in carfax if Toyota/Subaru were the ones doing the alignment

Now the tune is a warranty issue.. if the OP intends to tune anyways no big deal. (edit: OP cared ha)

Apples and Lemons.

My post was aimed at only one unique 86 with an incurable defect, the OP's #1 car, not the universe of the series.

Whether that defect (voided warranty) was caused by a tune or something else, nobody knows or will say. It could've been much more and as we know, Carfax is in too many cases useless.

I'd never buy any car with a voided warranty and that one left 1-2 years and 40k+ miles of drivetrain warranty on the table.

Another red flag the OP described is that the car had already been through auction then bought by a Toyota dealer. Their auction gypsy probably made a mistake in due diligence then it spiraled into an unethical situation when the dealer represented the car as certified, required for an Extra Care extended warranty. Bad dealer.

I thought the OP was courageous to be as forthcoming in so many ways. He could put a cherry on top by posting the VIN and selling dealer so others will be alerted to do their research carefully. You really shouldn't expect a franchised Toyota dealer to do business that way.

Anyway, if you ever decide to sell your ZL1, I'm interested if the warranty is still intact!
Atmo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Atmo For This Useful Post:
why? (03-06-2020)