Old 01-30-2020, 11:18 PM   #65855
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,816 Times in 16,425 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike021 View Post
Sooo I just got back home with my car in hand.

So what happened was they disconnected the fuel line from the FF kit (kept it mounted in the engine bay but that’s all), put fuel line back to factory connections. Did a test drive. No more misfire or CEL.

So they basically blamed the kink in the line.

I’m not sure how it would be at fault except maybe it created a partial blockage and if any gunk got trapped there maybe it would’ve caused more issues? But the misfire and rough idle happened pretty much only below 2k rpm.

@Ultramaroon / @Tcoat / @humfrz I realize I’m talking out of my ass but does that theory sound at all possible?
Well, first off, congratulations on getting your car running right again.

Usually, a kink in a fuel line would effect the performance of an engine at higher RPMs before it would effect the lower RPMs.

I don't know where the kink in the fuel line was, but if it was also a break and in the wrong place, it might have been that the fuel system was "sucking air".

Maybe it was "vapor locking" and rerouting of the fuel line broke the vapor lock?

(oh, hush up humfrz and drift back into the 50s)

In summary, if your car continues to run good, I'd suggest you adopt the old humfrz philosophy "don't worry bout it until if or when it don't run so good no more".

humfrz
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
korhun (01-31-2020), NoHaveMSG (01-30-2020), spike021 (01-30-2020)