View Single Post
Old 03-29-2018, 12:46 PM   #17
NCtoBRZ

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ PP WRB
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UT_BRZ View Post
I can snap a pic of my harness setup but it's the 28 pin with the 6 pin and 10 pin harnesses.

I had the exact same issue with my camera. I traced wires and checked all of the connections and wasted hours. It wasn't until went through all the settings that I figured out I had to let the head unit itself know there was a rear camera. Once I setup that in the settings, the camera feed worked like a charm. This was on an Alpine ILX-207 so I don't know if this could be the culprit for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjd View Post
Same deal on my Pioneer with the camera. I think it resets every time the HU is disconnected, which sorta sucks. Took me a few times of mild panic to remember this.
I've already set the Pioneer head unit to accept the camera so unfortunately it won't be so easy in this case. What I really need a picture of is the wires spliced to the 28 pin Maestro harness. I suspect something about how their 28 pin harness is set up doesn't translate directly to the Metra harness that you've mentioned.
After providing the blink codes to idatalink, they updated something on their side and I reflashed the firmware and the steering wheel buttons finally work properly. I connected the OBD connector to test out the gauges, but it just shows OBD2 error 1, so there is yet another thing that should have been simple but apparently won't be.
NCtoBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote