Old 02-12-2021, 04:54 PM   #431
gymratter

Drives: BMW
Thanked 1,825 Times in 952 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86MLR View Post
And yet, also, the broker I use for buying new cars hasn't heard anything positive either, both from Toyota and Subaru

I haven't ventured into a Subaru dealer here to get info of Subaru Australia importing their variant of the twin

In the end, we don't always get the variants we want

Now would have been a great time to release a new cheap little sports coupe, every kid with a licence is after a cheap new car

As for the Yaris GR, yeah nah, not something that I would own, my daughter does like it though, same as the new Hyundai Veloster which is on her short list
just because you havent heard something from xyz stealershiper doesnt mean its not going to happen.

in other news, sometimes dealers lie to get you to buy whats already on the lot.

i took my mom car shopping in 2005 for a new Camry. i told since them since the next gen (XV40) is just right corner what kind of deals are they having on the 06 model year. the salesmen told me that "a new Camry is still years away and that this model (XV30) will still be here for another 3-4 years". i was like this things have a 5 yr life cycle and its been on sell since 2002. that means a new model is coming in 07. he was like "yeah that may have been true in the past but the car market isn't the same as it was and 9/11 has impacted everyone and Toyota is going to hang onto this model for a few extra years. you can even ask the dealer manager, he can confirm all of this if you don't believe me".

in my head i was like "dude there are already spy shots of the 07 Camry on the net". but i was like thanks and we'll think about it. two months later Toyota debut the 07 at the 2006 North American auto show. so i told my mom, look a new Camry has debut. if you dont care about having last years model we can probably get you a good deal on a 06. so we waited until the new one was on the dealer lot and we found some dealers with remaining 06s and $6k+ off of MSRP. got her a LE for just $15k.
The Following User Says Thank You to gymratter For This Useful Post:
Dirty Harry (02-13-2021)