View Single Post
Old 04-25-2016, 12:15 PM   #14
fumanchu1

Drives: 2013 Brz C38 (bought not built :P)
Thanked 1,249 Times in 802 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by extrashaky View Post
It's like trying to read something written by an inmate in a mental hospital.
texas no smog good for them bc it puts teh lotion in teh basket an I've never state a certain area state or city to bury 2 neck an lik face only not cawt but monkey apple carburetor i come for you win i get out.
It's a fucking assault on the English language. I blame "smart" phones for turning an entire generation into morons.

Back on topic, OP, drive the car. It will tell you what you and it need. Most of my mods have been for comfort and convenience, like padded knee rests, center console arm rest, Emdom seat belt pads, phone mount, etc. That's because I would be driving along and think, "Man, I wish my phone was mounted up here next to the stereo where I could see it easier." I didn't install any performance mods because I drive long distances for work, and it hasn't been worth the money and the additional risk of mechanical failure that comes with pulling more power out of a motor.

You might have a different need. You might drive along and think, "Man, the torque dip really pisses me off. I have to do something about it." Or you might look at the car and think it would look better with a particular cosmetic mod. None of us can tell you what mods to spend your money on, because we're not you.

The danger in your question is that right now you're excited about the car, and you risk getting caught up in the hype over certain mods and deciding you want them even though they're not really right for you. People go mod crazy here sometimes and end up with a build they're never really satisfied with because they didn't listen to the car.

So don't mod the car just to mod the car. Mod the car because there's a specific result you want to achieve.
Seriously, I couldn't understand half of what the hell he was typing,
if Texas no smog good then no have do it better you?!?!?!?!?
texas no smog good for them bc I've never state a certain area state or city but isn't true the only OEM headers will pass smog and I wasn't implying headers are a "mess"... wtf did I just read
fumanchu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fumanchu1 For This Useful Post:
extrashaky (04-25-2016), FRSBRZGT86FAN (04-25-2016)