View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 08:36 PM   #28
Northwest86

Drives: Velocity Orange 86 GT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
I love the torque curve, but it's really hard to wrap my head around the numbers. I figured the percent difference between what I typically see for a base line, ~165hp, and your estimated baseline of 143hp, multiplied that by by your peak power of 220hp, and I get about 255hp. That doesn't seem very impressive for an efficient gtx30 setup running ~93 octane. Any idea what you IATs were during that It looks like you're running at 8psi.

Also, why run a gtx30 on only 8 pounds? A 28 would flow plenty for that power level and get you in boost a little sooner.
Both are running 8psi. The turbos have some wastegate mods, mounting mods, some anti surge stuff and a fee other bits and pieces. Some of that is on the page i mentioned. I got a gtx30 be because the boost is still quicker than most 28s and because my car is tracked it runs a little cooler generally. It also gives headroom if i ever move to a city that has e85. I posted those two dynos as thats about as bad as this kit can be. With e85 etc it only gets better.

In terms of power numbers 230?hp from memory is what im making. So yeah somewhere in the range of 250-260 on other dynos with this tune. If we tuned as some people do itd make a good 280 on those dynos easy. We have tuners locally who claim to be in the 280-300 hp range but they get flogged by our 230hp cars so take that as you will. The thing you want to look at really is curves and area under them. There arent to many kits that have such smooth lines and as much drivability. Also keep in mind on that dyno ive been there twice at different times and got numbers 10-15kw different. It may be from recalibration or different tyres etc. but i know for sure it makes more power than basically every other kit thats been on that dyno. Coyote is the one to give more detail on that. For intake temps on the dyno im not sure. On the track on a hot day the intercooler stabilises at about 20-25 c over ambient. Never had it out below 32c before but itd do better when its cool. Ive got some hood vents going in soon which will help that too but its solid. Stock radiators too.
Northwest86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Northwest86 For This Useful Post:
Calum (06-01-2016)