View Single Post
Old 03-17-2019, 09:36 AM   #20
JoeBro

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Kyle View Post
Ok. So my note is a little funky. To attempt to clarify; the 4/2 wrx brakes use the same size rotors as a stock 86. So, you can hang that 4 piston/2 piston caliper without changing front or rear rotors. In the rear you would need a KNS v2 bracket to fit the 2 piston caliper. I had this same setup on the grey car (car on the left in first pic) before going to brembos. When I went to brembos I put my FHI calipers in an RSTi and then my brackets and another set of calipers onto Senpai here. Stock rotors were always used.

USING THE PARTS LIST I HAVE HERE YOU WILL ABSOLUTELY BE ABLE TO GO TO 5x114 WITH STOCK CALIPERS.

Sorry for the caps lock. Not yelling. Just making it stand out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightened View Post
Thank you for the clarification .Kyle

If anyone is still confused...

YOU CAN STILL USE THE ORIGINAL STOCK OEM CALIPERS WITH THIS 5X114.3 BOLT PATTERN UPGRADE.

Endless options...

This sucked to find out after buying everything but you cannot use the stock calipers with the rotors described. The issue is the rotor is now to wide and binds against the circled part in my picture of the caliper. Currently grinding down the part of the caliper to make clearance for now but will likely have to find a caliper to upgrade to as I am not sure how structurally safe me grinding this part away Thought I better submit this so anyone seeing this does not make the same mistake I made.
Attached Images

JoeBro is offline   Reply With Quote