View Single Post
Old 04-13-2021, 11:25 PM   #36
NARFALICIOUS

Drives: '88 Supra 1JZ, '16 FR-S, '23 GR86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanwolf View Post
Having these special cars is never about resale value. Too many people think like this. I don't doubt you could get a pretty penny for it in 20 years, it will be wanted for sure, but what would be more important to me is in 20 years if she's still running and clean, are the memories and feeling that car gave me. I could never give it up.
Exactly. And perfectly worded.

I never understood buying a car like the BRZ, or even the Nissan Z, and thinking about resale value. IT IS NOT AN INVESTMENT. It is for enjoyment, good times, nice cruises, car meets, maybe some weekend racing, or just a daily commute, whatever you want.

To me, it's no different than other passions or hobbies that I would interact with... Video games are $60, sometimes $100 when you factor in special versions/microtransactions, sports tickets $100-1000, ammo? $1/round nowadays. But no one is holding onto their GTA copy hoping to sell it one day for a profit, especially when there's literally millions of other copies out there. They enjoy it and it's done.

When my FR-S eventually becomes worth nothing in value, it's still going to have been worth all the money I spent buying it and fixing it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSideFRS View Post
BRZ/86 fanboys will keep arguing that their cars are the best thing that ever happened to them, but this platform is so underpowered and unreliable
I'm not sure how the twin is more unreliable than the Z??

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawkdown View Post
Lets be honest here.

As much as I love a NA and a manual transmission, those days are over, it’s going to be extinct soon. We got to stop living in nostalgia.

If you want power get the Z if it’s in your budget. If you want to live in nostalgia about NA and a manual car, get the twins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What do you mean nostalgia? If it really will be extinct soon, then NOW is the time to get a car with that formula, not later on when it's gone.

Quote:
Once you drive the 400hp Z, are you really going to choose a +200hp NA?
Yes, actually. You mentioned owning a Supra. To me, it's a breath of fresh air going back to my FR-S driving an automatic Supra for some time.

I think the Z is going to be great and continue on with what the previous gen has been doing. So it's going to be a tough decision but ultimately I can't resist a lightweight car. I'll take on the reliability challenge of boosting or building up an 86 and be an underdog to the Z. I'd have both though, if I could afford it.

NARFALICIOUS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NARFALICIOUS For This Useful Post:
Wally86 (04-14-2021)