Old 04-01-2021, 08:05 AM   #2555
Transport3r

Drives: -
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Any PC Gamers Around?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Snooze View Post
I can tell you some of the games I have really liked but I suspect, like a recommendation algorithm, it won't help me find a game.

My favourite games have been (still are?)
The first Far Cry, enjoyed the first two Crysis, Dying Light, all of Deus Ex except for the 2nd one which I thought was garbage, Defence Grid 1 and 2, all of Half Life, Caesar 2 and 3 and Cleopatra, Just Cause 2 and 3 not 4, the earlier Serious Sams, SOMA is/was f*cking brilliant should be played knowing nothing about it can't play it again, all of the STALKERS though somewhat dated now, Thief 2, Tower of Guns, I enjoyed Wofensteins at the time I don't think I can play them again, I kinda liked the Talos Principle but I didn't complete it became not worth the effort, Watch Dogs 2 I played a couple of times I didn't think 3 brought anything new to the table what so ever, Metro with the first being my favourite, Borderlands but I haven't played the last one won't go there, Dead Cells, the first Dead Space was brilliant, oh man the the first Bioshock was a masterpiece, the second one good but not great, Dishonored 1 and 2 was enjoyable, Bulletstorm was a surprise I've play 3 or 4 times, the first Max Payne was fantastic and I'm going to stop here.

Thanks, that was a nice reminisce.
Thanks for reading.

There’s some overlap with the games I enjoy there, enough that there are a few games I can probably recommend.

For Half Life:
Have you tried Black Mesa? Really good remake of HL1 in HL2 engine. Xen especially is much improved.
HL: Alyx is absolutely staggeringly good, but VR makes it expensive. Still absolutely worth it, it’s like nothing I’ve ever experienced.
The portal games are worth it too, same universe, portal 1 is short and sweet, and portal 2 adds quite a bit of lore/backstory.

Based on some of the FPS/horror titles:
Control is very good so far, I’m about 1/3 the way through. Check out a video review, it’s hard to describe the atmosphere.

A bit more in the RPG direction, but highly recommended: Horizon Zero Dawn. Good combat mechanics, excellent characters and acting, post apocalyptic setting, and robot dinosaurs.

I’ve heard very good things about Jedi: fallen order but haven’t gotten to it yet.
Transport3r is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Transport3r For This Useful Post:
Captain Snooze (04-01-2021)