View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 08:09 AM   #39
FR-Slide

Drives: 13 Whiteout 6MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mokinbird87 View Post
and also where the diffuser meets the bumper, there will be a lip with a 3M tape that will adhere onto the bumper.
What about at the front end, where the diffuser "starts" near the diff/rear sway bar? Seems like you could easily tie into the brackets/bolts there for some really solid mounting points. Without those, you'd basically only be anchored at the rear (via band clamps on the pipes and 3M tape on the plastic bumper cover). I'd think that this would cause the long undertray to seriously flex/wobble at speed, since it's sitting out in the wind like a reed on a woodwind instrument basically.

If you already covered this, please disregard. I just didn't see any provisions for those mounts in the CAD mock-ups.

Also; for the rear "fog" and backup lights: it looks like your new reflector will be sitting on top of the existing reverse bar, correct? This also looks like there is a moderate "lip" around the bar where the piece wraps around? I am wondering how this would affect reverse light output/visibility (if at all)? Also, if there will be a way to NOT have the reflector? I blacked out my reverse bar to the same color as the stock bumper so that it blends in, so sticking a bright red reflector back there would stand out a lot
FR-Slide is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FR-Slide For This Useful Post:
mokinbird87 (03-12-2014)