View Single Post
Old 11-15-2016, 10:03 AM   #7
vgi

Drives: frs
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by riskyfrs View Post
Thanks! I was thinking about manually converting the file just to get it running. I've been waiting for a response from the Open Flash guys but I'm too impatient haha. I actually have an ECUTek tuned ECU, but I need to get the car running to get it to a dealership so I can get the tuned ECU programmed for my car, and installed.
I've never had that done, so do you know if it's possible for a tuned ECU to be programmed to a different car?
Like Steve has written, if your ECU had been flashed with EcuTek then either you won't be able to flash your ECU with anything else, or, if the EcuTek stock tune is currently on your EcuTek, you will be able to flash your ECU with OFT/tactrix but you will loose your EcuTek license.

To get OFT guys attention you need at least ping them (like @shiv) but then I doubt he'd help you unless you actually bought OFT and Vortech kit from him, and since you now mentioned EcuTek - he most likely will just ignore you

You could convert OFT tune (since it's officially open tune) to EcuTek by simply copying tables from RomRaider into EcuTek. However you would most likely need RaceRom features of EcuTek, which is an additional license which is like another $300 or so extra.

Or, even though it is time consuming, you could try asking some member that has RaceRom license, say @Kodename47, to do it for you. He's a great guy and unless he's really busy or got lazy (winter time after all) I would think he could go for it.
vgi is offline   Reply With Quote