Admiral Ballsy
Shorter of breath

Drives: a soft bargain
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIKEABOSS View Post
Borla got on here and said that on it's project car it sat I think around a 1/2 inch lower which is a big difference.
I installed a Borla today. Easiest catback I've ever done, took less than a half-hour with jack stands.

Mine does hang lower than stock, by close to two inches. Actually the lowest part is the 'under axle' loop, but the muffler itself is lower too. However, the way you adjust the tips affects how the muffler hangs.

I have mine set so I have about a finger's worth of clearance between the top of the tip and the bottom of the valence cutout. If I lowered the tips - rotated the pipe joint downward - that would cantilever the muffler up. So your ground clearance is gonna be dictated by how you adjust it. I have a bit less than 4.5 inches under the rear of the muffler, but if I was willing to point the tips down I could get about an inch back.

It sounds good. It's a little loud for my taste at high throttle positions, but the tone is proper and there's absolutely no resonance at highway speeds.

Last edited by Admiral Ballsy; 01-16-2013 at 07:19 AM.
Admiral Ballsy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Admiral Ballsy For This Useful Post:
number1Tango (01-16-2013), tdoggy57 (01-16-2013)