Old 09-19-2016, 11:21 PM   #18
mpross

Drives: 2015 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerzone View Post
I'm looking into these coils. My friends on the Z34 platform keep raving about them. I use my car for some daily driving but also a fair bit of track/autocross/drifting...so performance is important to me. SO important that I'm often willing to sacrifice daily driving comforts for it.

Have you had any feedback in regards to the coils in more intense HPDE settings?
The MeisterR's are definitely good for that. I daily drive my car, but also do a fair amount of autocrossing, and the spring rates and valving are perfect. It won't break your spine over bumps, but it's definitely aggressive enough to handle track/autocross duty. I rarely bump the stiffness past 75% firm even when autocrossing, so the adjustability is there if you need it. I have been pretty surprised at how little comfort is sacrificed with these. A friend with a BMW 135i asked if he could go for a ride in my car last weekend because he wanted to see how the ride was with the coilovers. He was SHOCKED at how comfortable it was. He was blown away at the ride quality. Then I took him around a couple corners at a quick pace and he was again blown away by how "on rails" and planted the car felt.
mpross is offline   Reply With Quote